Sunday, August 7, 2011

Should I wait to get married to have the wedding of my dreams?

I have been in a relationship for over 3 years now, I got engaged last July so it's been almost a year. We decided to get maried Oct. 22, 2011. However, his dad got incarcerated a few months ago...My fiance decided he wanted to postpone the wedding until he was released, i said that was fine since he will be released in june of 2012....Come to find out june 2012 is his parole date and he could be denied and serve another year. I am 26 years old and want to be married before i have kids and i also don't want to be 40 with a 5 year old (no offense). We thought about getting married at the courthouse and then renewing our vows when his dad is released. I thought it would be easy but now i'm feeling very confused. I always wanted a big traditional wedding with all the works and now i'm thinking about saying I Do in front of a judge, not what i had in mind. I feel so lost because in a way I dont want to wait for his dad but I want this now. I also don't want regrets down the line. Should I wait until his dad is released and have the wedding of my dreams even though my clock is ticking or get married now? Please help me I dont know what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment