Sunday, August 7, 2011

Who is right in this kind of situation?

my boyfriend offered me a beautiful necklace. i was very angry at the time and we almost broke up. my first reaction was to through it at him. a few days later, after regaining my sanity, I asked him for my gift and got it back. few months later, he gave me an engagement ring. the meaning and importance of this ring disappeared after a series of issues and I decided to give it back. I was sure of what I felt, but was concerned about what he felt. I thought that giving the ring back would give him the chance to renew his vows and be sure of what he wanted. the day I left the ring, I accidentally left the necklace. I was so frustrated that I forgot it was broken. after too many blind attempts to put it on, I dropped it next to the ring. he finally went away with both. up to this day, I hasn't given the ring back. I asked for the necklace many times. He finally told me that he threw it away. now, am I crazy to say that he has done the worst thing ever? or is he right to have thought that I didn't want it anymore and proved that the significance of that piece of metal was of no value to me, thus, had the right to throw it away?? if I wanted to throw it away I could have done it myself! I'm so angry! and when I say that the act is extremely significant, he tells me I should have thought it over before acting a fool! Is it me or is it that this man of mine just doesn't understand me and doesn't realize what he has just done! or is it that as old as he is, 39, he still doesn't understand how women function?

No comments:

Post a Comment